Skate Grosso Mid Shoes
ReviewsRated (0) out of (5) stars Write the first review
“It’s you, your skateboard, and the world. So go out and make it your own.” - Jeff Grosso
Beloved Vans family member and skate legend Jeff Grosso’s impact on skateboarding is without rival. His genuine love for skateboarding was felt by everyone who had the chance to talk skate with him, and his support for the community-especially the up-and-coming generations-came from a true belief that skateboarding belonged to the kids. There was nothing Jeff wouldn’t do to uplift skateboarding and the people in it.
To honor Jeff’s legacy, and ensure that future skaters understand the important role he played in shaping skateboarding’s history, Vans has unveiled a new iconic style: the Checkerboard Skate Grosso Mid. With DURACAP™ reinforced underlays and fully redesigned uppers, plus a new two-part foxing tape that features a deeper knurl pattern on the toe, the Checkerboard Skate Grosso Mid is durable enough to withstand daily skateboarding abuse. For more board control, the molded heel counter and internal tongue straps lock in your feet. Even the gum rubber sole that made Vans famous has been elevated with the SickStick™ rubber compound to deliver more grip and boardfeel. Plus, POPCUSH™ energy return sockliners provide superior cushioning and impact protection while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions. Internal heel stiffeners have also been added to provide more support and stability.
The Checkerboard Skate Grosso Mid’s suede and canvas uppers give you the iconic look you want while bringing all the performance benefits skateboarders demand. And be sure to look for the new checkerboard flag on the side to guarantee that you’re getting the best in style and modern skateboarding performance.
• INCREASED DURABILITY - DURACAP™ reinforced materials, deeper knurl texture on the toe bumpers, and higher sidewall heights provide a more heritage look with increased durability and protection.
• FULLY REDESIGNED UPPERS - Reconstructed with a molded heel counter and internal tongue straps for a locked-in fit and more board control.
• LEGENDARY GRIP - Our new, proprietary SickStick™ gum rubber compound is our stickiest rubber yet.
• POPCUSH CUSHIONING - Our best cushioning and impact protection. POPCUSH™ energy return footbeds protect your feet while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions.
• ICONIC STYLING - A mix of suede and 283 g canvas with a checkerboard print has been used at the upper, maintaining a classic heritage aesthetic.
The added DURACAP reinforcement rubber underlays in high-wear areas are engineered to withstand the abuse of the vans pro skate team—and by providing lasting durability, save everyday skateboarders time and money.
Snaps back and won’t pack. PopCush is a brand-new foam recipe, meticulously tuned for impact protection, superior cushioning, and custom energy return for every type of skating. As the brand’s most progressive footbed to date, PopCush is Vans’ standard best-in-class upgrade. Skate longer, skate harder. Only available in Pro Skate.
Inspired by Vans’ beloved original gum rubber formula, Vans introduces the stickiest, grippiest gum sole in the brand’s history. Our new, proprietary gum rubber compound is uniquely calibrated in the sole and foxing to deliver enhanced grip and maximum durability, keeping you on your board and Off The Wall. Only available in Pro Skate, SickStick is tested and approved by the Vans Innovation Team and today’s top skaters from around the world.